
I know it's a little late, but it is still technically Friday so here is my Family Friday Photo for this week. I was waiting to post because I wanted to give everyone a chance to read yesterday's post about my mammogram. Well, it's time for another family photo. I said I would try to post one not of me, but I didn't have time to get any photos from mom last weekend, so . . . here is the photo for this week. At least it's not just me. In this photo it is me (the baby) my sister Darla and my Grandma Enloe. Grandma was my mother's mother and she was so special to me. I have the fondest memories of her and Grandpa Enloe. It seems like Darla and I stayed a lot with them and we always went on vacation with them. They lived in a small home behind the service station that Grandpa ran and every summer they had a huge garden by the side of the station. They also had a cherry tree and I remember getting a coffee can and filling it to the top and eating every one of them, almost every day. I still love cherries to this day, but some how they don't taste quite like the ones from Grandma's tree. In this picture it is dated February 1959 so I would have been almost two. Grandma would always let us pick what we wanted for dinner and I always picked shrimp with tater tots. Mmmm, sounds good. As we got older Grandma would tell us, go out to the station and tell Grandpa to give you some money. We would then walk to the grocery store and buy what we wanted for dinner. The store was only about three blocks down main street, but it was always an adventure walking down there. Grandma was a major part of my life and I miss her terribly. I have one of my favorite pictures of her in the front bedroom and think of her often. She was the best grandma ever. I'm sure I'll do more posts about Grandma Enloe as her influence is a major part of my life and she is also the one I attribute my orneriness too.
2 comments:
What a great picture! I did not know this...and I had never seen this photo! :)-
I knew that your Grandma was special to you. What a great memory@
This picture was made in front of the house they lived in at O'Donnell, Texas. You probably don't even remember it. My mother was a good grandmother. Love, Mom
Post a Comment