Well, tonight was my last photography class for this semester. It was a half-semester class. I learned a lot, but still have a lot more to learn about my camera and the settings. As long as I leave it on "automatic" most pictures come out pretty well, but the really good stuff happens when you know how to set the appropriate settings. I never dreamed there was so much stuff to being a great photographer. Hopefully I will get there some day. It was kind of bittersweet. I really enjoyed the class and it was definitely a challenge. I have to admit that some weeks it was very difficult to get my homework done and ready to turn in. I don't know how the ladies that have small children and work ever got their homework done. One of our assignments for our last class was to tell a story with photos. Mr. L. said we could either just turn in our photos in the order of our story or do a PowerPoint. Of course my favorite thing to do is make a video so that is what I did. I think it turned out really well and mine was the only one that had music. No one else knew how to add music. Not that it's that hard to do, especially if you are using Photo Story, but even in PowerPoint you have to know where the setting is. I tried to help one of my classmates before class, but her music still didn't work. Some of them asked me if I would give them lessons for "Free?" Of course I politely declined. Maybe if they offered to pay me something, but I really am not up for free. I hope that wasn't too rude. Anyway, I used Blake and Ethan for my story. Please comment and let me know what you think about it and if you can follow the story line as there is not dialogue or text, just photos. I was pleased with it and my story went over very well with my classmates and instructor. Here it is, don't forget to comment. Be sure and pause the music at the bottom of the blog or you will hear double music during the video.
7 comments:
Beautifully done,Linda!!Thanks for sharing...Love Kevin
That was well done. The boys looked like they were having fun. Even tipper and duchess got in on the fun!
Which came first the story or music? Did you have to fit the pics to the length of the song?
And I know what you mean about marveling at people who work and have a full college semester. I just don't know how they do it. You take great pics! Keep it up.
Love your blog!
Very cute, the girls loved it and were dancing to the music. They loved seeing the pictures of the boys :)
Very well done, Linda. I too wonder what came first the song or the pictures. I am also really interested in how you managed to say no to teaching for free. Seems I am always helping people out on their computers for free. Can't seem to figure a good way to get some recompense for a what is, sometimes,a lot of work.
Actually the story idea came first, then the pictures. I was trying to think of a song to convey the message and started out looking for "Toy" songs, but they didn't quite have the zip I was going for. Then I remembered "Money" and decided it would be perfect. Thanks for the nice comments. I absolutely love doing these Photo Story videos.
LOVED IT!!!
I finally had time to watch the video. It was really cute. You did a great job. Love, De
Post a Comment