
For those of you who know me well, you know I love a
challenge and I love to argue, especially if I know I am right and can WIN! Well, my nephew Ethan that recently moved back to Texas from Alabama, is constantly arguing with everyone in the family. By the way he is eight years old, which plays much to his disadvantage. Now, just to be fair, he is right about a lot of things such as things we did 3 years ago that we've all forgotten about, of movies we saw etc. Therefore he thinks he is right about EVERYTHING! I'm sure I was the same way, but my mom would smack me up-side my head. She would not tolerate disrespect or back-talk. But back to Ethan, most of the time when he is arguing he has no real knowledge of the subject, but since he knows everything about everything the arguments ensue. So the other night we had Ethan, his brother Blake and my other niece
Kamille and we were eating out at a local sports bar. Ethan is also a sports maniac so he was in heaven with the 10 plus flat screen t.v.s all tuned to football. Anyway, Ethan said, "
Leelee, I bet you don't know my favorite football team." To which I replied, "Yes, Alabama Auburn." To which he shouted back, "I HATE ALABAMA! It's Auburn University." To which I replied, "Yes, but where is Auburn University?" Ethan replied,"I HATE Alabama." Well, that was the end of that conversation as far as Ethan was concerned and he had the last word. Silly youngster! It's time for a lesson in arguing with a champion whose had over 30 years of arguing with kids at school, it seems there was always at least one every year that thought they knew more than me. . . I would eventually
convince them otherwise. I promptly came home and did a Google search for Auburn. Surprise, surprise there is an Auburn California, Washington, New York, and Alabama. I decided to go with Auburn California as they have a school named Auburn. So with my handy dandy computer I whip up a decal for Auburn California Wildcats and just wait for the next time Ethan comes over. Well, today was the day. They came by for lunch so I said, "Hey Ethan, I found this on the Internet and thought we could make you a tee shirt for your favorite football team." He came rushing over to look at the paper and then his face dropped. I coyly asked, "What's wrong?" He said, "That's not the right team. I like Alabama Auburn." To which I quickly replied, "What I thought you hated Alabama? What about Auburn Washington, or Auburn New York?" You should have seen his face! It was awesome. Is that bad, for me to get such pleasure from getting the last word in an argument with an eight year old? It was good for me! I then told Ethan, "You're not ready for the pros yet. Don't argue with me because you will always lose." I know the day will come when he will outsmart me, but for today I will enjoy my victory!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment