

Have you ever thought your day was going to go one way and it turns out to go in the complete opposite direction? Well, that was my day today. Kevin asks me every night before we go to bed, what's on for tomorrow. At first I said, "nothing until 1:45 and then I go to the eye doctor."
Silly me, how could I forget the Prayer Connection today at the Ronald McDonald House. I have recently become involved as the reservations coordinator for the Amarillo Christian Women's Connection. When they asked me to do the job, I thought I would simply be emailing out invitations, but come to find out it entails much more than that. At first I was a little miffed about it, but then the Lord reminded me I had been praying for Him to guide me to my next assignment since retiring from teaching, and this was it. Kevin is still not too excited about the extensive duties, but I think it will be easier as time goes and I know more about what I am doing. But, let's get back to today. I thought I would be getting up about 8:00 (not too bad for retirement), getting ready to go to the prayer connection, come home have lunch, then go to the eye doctor. Finally, maybe Kevin and I could take in that movie we have been trying to get to for a month or so. Well . . . . .S-C-R-E-E-C-H . . . . . .Hester decided it was too late to go back to Lubbock last night so she asked if she could stay the night with us and get up really early to get the boys back in time for school. We agreed and there went my 8:00 wake up call. It would now be a 6:00 wake up call to help get them on the road by 6:30 so the boys wouldn't be late for school. So I set my alarm thinking they would be off by 6:30 and I could snooze for at least another hour before I had to get up and hit it running. Well, right after Hester got up I heard her yelling and carrying on so I went to see what was the matter. Seems that one of the boys had an accident of some kind in the front bedroom and all the bedding, including the sheets, blankets, mattress pad, comforter and quilt would now have to be laundered! We finally got them off about 7:00 and by this time it was too late to really go back to sleep. I kind of dozed, but was afraid I would over sleep if I really went back to bed. I left the house at 9:45 with my six quarts of frozen soup we were to bring and I was off. I whizzed into what I thought was the Ronald McDonald House with my crate of soups to the strangest stares. Come to find out I was not paying attention and had wandered into a psychiatrist's office. I'm sure they thought I was where I needed to be. So I loaded back up and headed around the corner to the real McDonald House. I had just arrived and was unloading my soup when someone said, "Could you all gather around please?" There was this lady staying there that didn't even know she was pregnant as she had been told all her life that she couldn't have kids and she had delivered a daughter at 29 weeks. She was really upset and crying uncontrollably so we all gathered around her and layed our hands on her and prayed for her and her new daughter. To make her situation even sadder, the baby's father had recently been killed in a car crash and the doctors told the mom the baby seemed to have Downs Syndrome. It was quite a prayer meeting for my first time.I know it wasn't an accident that we had planned our prayer connection on the exact day this new mom would be there. We only pray there once a year! How's that for a miracle? Then we had our prayer meeting and had a tour of the McDonald House. I really would like to volunteer there. It's really a neat place. I had never been there before and was quite impressed. So after the prayer connection, I went by AT&T Mobile to pay my bill. That is always a challenge at the kiosk. Got that done and came home. Barely got home and the phone was ringing with one of my callers for CWC luncheon. Got that straightened out and then got a couple of emails about the luncheon. Started working on getting myself together when one of the callers called to ask me about her list, so I had to get on that right away and get that straightened out. Next, I had a list of ladies to call about the luncheon as I wasn't sure who to assign them to so I just did it. Stopped for a minute to eat lunch with Kevin when the phone rang again, another caller wanting to "talk." Finished that task and finished lunch with Kevin. We actually got to do our word games from the paper. Then I got back on my computer working on the CWC reservations, when I realized it was 1:45. Guess what time my eye appointment was? 1:45!! So I dashed out the door and zipped to the eye doctor. After about an hour was finished with that to a great report! My vision is still 20/30 which is magnificent since before lasik surgery it was 20/400 and 20/450. Dr. Houghton said he'd trade eyes with me anytime. So I came back home, got back on my computer, when my nephew called me to see if I could watch his daughter Tzipi tonight while he went to Boy Scouts and Janine was at work. Took an hour and a half break to watch Dora the Explorer and have a snack with Tzipi and then visit with Janine. They just left so I thought I'd better finish my blog and then get back to the laundry for the guest bedroom and get that bed back together. I think after that I am going to crash and burn! I don't know how I ever had time to work! Well, I am going to sign off and eat some dinner. What a crazy day? Maybe tomorrow we'll get in that movie!
1 comment:
Ugh!!! I hate it when my days goes like that!! But then I remember...you wanna make God laugh?? Plan what you are going to do tommorrow!
Post a Comment