Thursday, November 6, 2008

A Great Mail Day!

Sometimes I dread going to the mailbox. It seems it's always just bills and junk mail. Know what I mean? Well, today when Kevin brought in the mail he said, "Your lipstick came and a card from De, and some other junk." I told him to put it on the table and I would look at it later. Well, about an hour later I got around to checking it out and had two nice surprises. First, I opened the card from De. I was expecting a check from her, but not a card. It was a "thank-you" card. It was really sweet and nice to be appreciated. Sometimes a thank you is all people expect. I'm going to try to remember that. Next I went on to check out the "lipstick" package. I knew immediately it was not lipstick as that is coming from Dallas. Check out the return label. It says Pentict, BC as in British Columbia. Yep, that's right a package from Canada. I knew immediately what it was. A few weeks back when I was doing my favorite past time "blog hopping," I came across this blog called Asil Designs Jewelry. Her post for the day said it was a Blue Friday, and to cheer herself up she was having a martini recipe contest. Whoever won would receive a martini necklace, hand-made by Lisa. I thought why not, so I emailed her my recipe for Lemon Drop Martinis and I WON! She does a great job of packaging. Everything matched with black and white accents and the necklace was bubble wrapped and then wrapped in tissue paper with a cute little black and white seal. Lisa also wrote me a nice little note and included her business card. Now that's marketing. I emailed her back and told her I had received the package and would be posting about her on my blog. The necklace is really cute and is hand made. Not sure where I will wear it, but maybe will think of something. Who knows maybe I will talk Kevin in to taking me to the martini bar downtown. Or maybe I'll just mix up a batch of Lemon Drop martinis here at the house. Here is a photo of the necklace. And I will post the recipe if you are really interested. Check out Lisa's blog, who knows maybe you will find something you like or maybe you'll win something like me. So that's my Great Mail Day, sure beats bills! Okay, here's the recipe in case you want to mix up a batch too.
Lemon Drop Martini
1 1/2 ounces vodka
1/2 ounce Triple Sec
1 teaspoon superfine sugar
3/4 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
Ice cubes
Superfine sugar for dipping
Twisted peel of lemon

Mix the vodka, Triple Sec, sugar, and lemon juice in a cocktail shaker half-filled with ice; shake well (supposedly the cocktail is to be shaken 40 times to make sure the sugar is well blended). Pour strained liquor into sugar-rimmed martini glass and garnish with a twisted peel of lemon. To create a sugar-rimmed glass, take a lemon wedge and rub the drinking surface of the glass so it is barely moist. Dip the edge of the glass into sugar.
Makes 1 serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment