coming out of the spa said, "You're here for reflexology, right?" I still don't know how he knew, but he was our therapist. We went in and were led back to the waiting area by the massage rooms. The therapist came back and introduced himself as Steve. He asked who was first and I said I wanted Cheryl to go first so she wouldn't back out. Steve told me I could come in to. (Second clue that something was up.) I was sitting in the back of the room and Cheryl was on the massage table. Steve was working on Cheryl and said, "I'm getting thyroid and liver trouble." Cheryl said, "Are you talking to me?" He answered, "No I'm talking to her." and pointed to me. Then he said, "You do have thyroid problems don't you?" I told him, "Yes, I did but no one had ever said anything about my liver." I didn't dare tell him anything that had been going on with my abdomen issues as I wanted to see how good he really was. Steve continued to work on Cheryl but Thursday, October 9, 2008
Reflexology Anyone?
Well, it has been requested that I post a new message on my blog. I'm still amazed that anyone would want to read my ramblings, but I am flattered. Several of you have asked about our spa treatment in Taos. We did go to a spa and we did have a treatment. I could only talk Cheryl into a reflexology treatment. I have had several and always enjoyed them and thought they had some benefits. Cheryl wasn't really sold on the massage idea so we set up reflexology appointments. We should have know we were in for "something" when we were opening the door to the spa and a man
coming out of the spa said, "You're here for reflexology, right?" I still don't know how he knew, but he was our therapist. We went in and were led back to the waiting area by the massage rooms. The therapist came back and introduced himself as Steve. He asked who was first and I said I wanted Cheryl to go first so she wouldn't back out. Steve told me I could come in to. (Second clue that something was up.) I was sitting in the back of the room and Cheryl was on the massage table. Steve was working on Cheryl and said, "I'm getting thyroid and liver trouble." Cheryl said, "Are you talking to me?" He answered, "No I'm talking to her." and pointed to me. Then he said, "You do have thyroid problems don't you?" I told him, "Yes, I did but no one had ever said anything about my liver." I didn't dare tell him anything that had been going on with my abdomen issues as I wanted to see how good he really was. Steve continued to work on Cheryl but
mostly talk to me. He did ask at one point which one of us had been married for 32 years. Cheryl said, "Me." He then asked if she had two boys. Cheryl told him, "No two girls." He then asked, "Which one is blond and musical?" Cheryl told him her youngest daughter was musical. He told her that Shayna was not going to make her living with music, but would make a living in the science field. During this time he was telling us all about how we both should be vegetarians and how animals were stressed and angry. If we eat meat we are ingesting that anger and stress and it has negative effects on us. Steve told us about his girlfriend and said we need to buy her book, Waking the Warrior Goddess. Her name is Christine Horner. He also told us that he had been in a terrible car crash and had gone to the other side. It took him two years to recover from the accident. The only thing he really told Cheryl about her health was that she had a "puffy liver." Steve then told us to change places while he went to wash his hands. We followed his direction and I got on the table and Cheryl sat in the back. Steve started on my right foot and leg. I told him, "You definitely have the touch." He then said his spiritual name was "Inmatha." I asked him what that meant and he said, "Healing touch." Some people just have the touch, Kevin definitely does and so did Steve. He then said, "You get reflexology treatments often, don't you?" I told him,"No, there is no one in Amarillo that I can find to do them, but I do go regularly to the chiropractor." Steve said, "Well keep going to him, he has you in good shape." I thought that was kind of interesting. Steve then went to my left foot and leg. He was just holding my left calf in his hands, not squeezing or massaging or anything. Just silently holding my leg. I was not talking either. Cheryl was "chirping" in the background but we were not listening. Then I just had this electrical pulsing charge going up my left leg, then my right leg and up through my abdomen to about mid-chest. I said, "What are you doing? I feel that!" Steve said, "I'm re-aligning your energy with Reiki." And then I just started crying, not sobbing, but crying. Tears were just streaming down my cheeks and puddling in my ears. Then Steve started working on my left foot and said, "You are very worried about your mother, aren't you?" He then went into a long oration about there is no death, just a transition into another world and that those we love are always with us. Cheryl was over in the corner repeating, "Jesus, Jesus, In Jesus Name." I never ever felt any evil presence or spirit or felt like I was being harmed. It was just a very weird and surreal feeling. I was kind of dazed for a little while, but definitely thought Steve knew his reflexology and would probably go to him again. So if you are going to Taos and want an adventure call me and I'll give you his number.
coming out of the spa said, "You're here for reflexology, right?" I still don't know how he knew, but he was our therapist. We went in and were led back to the waiting area by the massage rooms. The therapist came back and introduced himself as Steve. He asked who was first and I said I wanted Cheryl to go first so she wouldn't back out. Steve told me I could come in to. (Second clue that something was up.) I was sitting in the back of the room and Cheryl was on the massage table. Steve was working on Cheryl and said, "I'm getting thyroid and liver trouble." Cheryl said, "Are you talking to me?" He answered, "No I'm talking to her." and pointed to me. Then he said, "You do have thyroid problems don't you?" I told him, "Yes, I did but no one had ever said anything about my liver." I didn't dare tell him anything that had been going on with my abdomen issues as I wanted to see how good he really was. Steve continued to work on Cheryl but
2 comments:
Wow! I've read stories about Israeli reflexologists (they're big in israel) and it is along the same lines of iridology. (where they look into your eyes and can see problems all over your body). I think it's cool that you tried something so different. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us! Keep writing!
Thank you!! About time! I agree with Janine - keep writing!
Post a Comment