This past weekend, Kevin and I took my nephew and his family to Canadian for the annual Fall Festival. We had a wonderful time and the weather was absolutely perfect. In fact, it was a little on the warm side. We started the day at Lake Marvin. The lake also happens to be in a National Grassland so the park rangers were there with all kinds of activities for the kids. We made seed balls, planted seeds,
went on a nature walk, made stepping stones, made trail mix and went on a horse drawn carriage ride around the lake. After our fun time at the lake, we drove back to town and ate at one of my favorite places in Canadian, The Fillin' Station. I first found out about it at one of our ladies retreats. Kevin always wants to eat at the steak house, but I whine to eat at The Fillin' Station. I do have to admit it wasn't as good as normal. Maybe next year we will try the steak place. After lunch we went and walked around at the craft show. We didn't really find much we couldn't live with out. Most of the vendors had jewelry, the same kind I just learned how to make in Taos. Imagine that! Next we went and walked
the bridge. It is so beautiful and I just love the architectural details and the way the shadows play around the shapes. Kevin and Avi walked the whole distance, but Janine, the kids and I stopped at the river and just sat and enjoyed the scenery. It was so peaceful. I honestly could have taken a nap it was so warm and calm. We didn't have enough time to go to the Abraham's home. This was the first year it has been opened to the public. I didn't really think the kids would have enjoyed it and I think I would have been nervous they might have been to rambunctious. All in all we had a terrific time and arrived home about dinner time. Can't wait until next year.
2 comments:
I came to your blog at Carla's request. I am the little blip in Western Australia. Have just Goggled Canadian, Texas. Very interesting to read of the Abraham's and their generous spirit. I lived for my growing up years in East Texas and Louisiana. Long story how I came to be in Australia for the last 32 years! Also enjoyed your other blog very much. Another friend of mine in Aus just put a comment over there.
Thanks Jen. Send me an email at linda2457@gmail.com if you'd like.
Post a Comment