Friday, March 21, 2008

Wanna see the "house"?

I just finished downloading all the photos from my camera and thought I might share a few of Carl and Linda's beautiful homes in Phoenix. They live on a golf course on the 17th green. It is one of the many Biltmore estates in Phoenix. It is also a gated community where you have to stop and get clearance to enter, every time. You also have to stop and check out when you leave. The condo where Kevin and I stayed was very nice and just around the corner from the "big house." This is a picture of the outside of the condo. Not too shabby, huh? The condo was two bedrooms and two bathrooms, a kitchen, living area and a in-ground hot tub. We really enjoyed it and actually liked it better than the fancy house. I wasn't afraid of moving around or breaking something. There was also an indoor atrium. Kevin immediately wanted to put an iguana in there. Here is the living area of the condo. There were three plasma t.v.s, one in each bedroom and one in the living area, all with satellite and tiVo.


Now, on to the mansion. It is very beautiful and looks like something from a magazine. Kevin says it is very institutional and cold. Like I said in the earlier post, even the garage is tiled in granite. The granite slab on the kitchen counter was about 4-5 inches thick, not the usual 1 inch.

The fireplace is about 5 or 6 feet tall with a massive mirror above it. The theatre has three theatre style chairs plus other seating for about 10 with a plasma t.v., two smaller t.v.s on each side and an over-head projection and a drop down screen. Lots of beveled glass everywhere around the stairs, banister and railing. It also has two bedrooms and two bathrooms. I loved the outdoor area and it had a full outdoor kitchen. And finally here is a picture looking down from the upstairs into the living/dining room. You can see the beautiful fireplace mantle and the enormous mirror. As you can see it is very beautiful, but definitely not my style. I prefer a homey feel, but it is nice to look at. Linda says it's Carl's house and Carl says it's Linda's house. What do you think? I think it is Linda's house with Carl's gadgets and t.v.s. We had a wonderful time and I hope we get to go back some day. I think they will sell the condo as soon as the market comes back up, but at least we got to enjoy it while it was available.


No comments:

Post a Comment