Mom and Dad really didn't want to go, but we insisted. We didn't get to fly all together, but it was fantastic and Mom and Dad were so glad I made them go.
Sunday, July 15, 2007
Fantastic Day In Denali
WOW!!! We were so busy today. We were supposed to start the day off with an 8 hour tour of Denali starting at 5:30 this morning. We got up at 3:30 and went down to the pick up point and this old rattle school bus pulls up. We said thanks but no thanks and went back to bed until the travel office opened at 8:00. We then went and rented a jeep with a GPS and did our own tour. It was much better. We were determined to see some wild life, but it was drizzling rain and we weren't having any luck. We were on our way back to the chalet after our 4 hour rental and mom spotted a moose way down in a valley grazing. We stopped and took pictures. Then we had a little time for a quick nap and then we were off for our helicopter tour.
Mom and Dad really didn't want to go, but we insisted. We didn't get to fly all together, but it was fantastic and Mom and Dad were so glad I made them go.
Daddy said it was one of the best things he had ever done in his life. We got to see more wild life and glaciers. The clouds actually broke for a while and we saw Mt. McKinley. After we got back we decided to do one of the photo opts where they dress you up in parkas, snowboots, mittens etc. We laughed our heads off. Kevin looked like "Big Foot" all bundled up.
We created quite the stir and had an audience. Finally we finished up our day at the training home for the huskeys for the Iditarod, Jeff King. We got to hold some of the puppies and then they told us all about how they train them and then Jeff told us all about how he prepares for the race. It was very interesting, but we were so exhausted we kept nodding off. We are now packing and heading down to the coast to catch our ship tomorrow. I am not sure how the internet thing is going to work but hopefully I will still be able to keep you all posted. We are having a wonderful time and I wish you all were here with us. It has truely been amazing.
Mom and Dad really didn't want to go, but we insisted. We didn't get to fly all together, but it was fantastic and Mom and Dad were so glad I made them go.
3 comments:
I can't wait to see the pictures...especially of "Big Foot"!! I can only imagine the fun...and it is just beginning!
I am so glad you decided to blog this...it is great!!! I look forward to your adventure each day!
Love - Tina
I'm really enjoying reading about all the fun you are having!! And the pictures are great!
All the "babies" are doing just fine - although lonely for y'all. Friday morning Simon decided to try his luck at climbing the tree in your back yard; even got on your neighbor's garage roof! The kids were able to get him down, and so far as I know he hasn't done it again.
Jaynel
AMAZING!!! I can just see you and Kevin both laughing and having the best time. I love reading about what is going on. :-)
Post a Comment