This year is going to be a different kind of celebration. Since the 4th falls on Monday most of my family will not be together. Our area is in a severe drought so there is a complete firework ban. The city is doing a laser light show but you actually have to be "in" the park to view it. Since everyone knows we don't like crowds that probably won't be happening, so it looks like it may just be a quiet evening with the two of us and that's okay too.
Just for your entertainment I thought I'd put this Independence Day Quiz on my blog. I took it from another website and I will give you the link at the bottom so you can check your answers if you so choose.
Give this little quiz your best shot, then click the link on the bottom of this page to view the answers.
Who wrote the Declaration of Independence?
- George Washington
- Thomas Jefferson
- Abraham Lincoln
- John Adams
How many men signed the Declaration of Independence? Where was the Declaration of Independence signed?
- Boston
- Philadelphia
- New York
- Washington
These are the first words of the Declaration of Independence:
- When in the course of human events...
- Four score and seven years ago...
- We have nothing to fear but fear itself....
- The Congress shall make no law...
She sewed the first American flag:
- Barbara Fritchie
- Martha Washington
- Victoria Woodhull
- Betsy Ross
What was Paul Revere's role in American History?
- First American President
- British Army Officer
- Wrote the Star Spangled Banner
- Warned the Americans that the British were coming
This was Paul Revere's occupation:
- Blacksmith
- Baker
- Silversmith
- Candlemaker
The Fourth of July holiday celebrates the proclamation of:
- American independence from Great Britain
- British independence from America
- Chinese independence from Great Britain
- No taxation without representation
Where can you go to view the original Declaration of Independence?
- Independence Hall in Philadelphia
- The Oval Office at the White House
- The National Archives Center in Washington D.C.
- Brooklyn Museum in New York
Who was the King of England during the Revolutionary War?
- George II
- Charles II
- George III
- Henry VII
What year was the Declaration of Independence adopted?
|
I hope everyone has a fantastic July 4th, stay cool and safe, and be thankful for our independence and freedom. It's a luxury we may not have much longer.

Here is the link for the webpage I got the quiz and there is a link for the answers.
http://www.familyminute.com/article/independence-day-quiz
1 comment:
Wow, I guess I actually retained more than I thought I had from history (my least favorite subject). I only got one wrong. Admittedly, some of the answers I know from watching tv shows on the history channel.
Post a Comment