I know it’s late, but what can I say. I went home on the Saturday before Mother’s Day and was really late getting off. I had planned on delivering Colton’s Senior photos I took and Amanda’s engagement photos. I knew it would be fast and furious and boy was I right.
We started Sunday morning with Darla helping her grandchildren prepare a tray to serve their mom breakfast in bed. They were so cute. Janine actually slept in a little and they were dying for her to wake up.
Then it was time to get ready to go to church with Mother. I wished I had thought to get her a corsage, but it didn’t even occur to me until it was too late. Littlefield is very small and they roll up the streets about 10:00 PM. Sorry Momma, maybe next year. It was their new pastor’s first Sunday and you could tell he was nervous. We were finished by 11:45. We had already decided we would have deli sandwiches at my sister De’s house as my niece Kamille had a piano recital at 2:00. We knew we would be pushing it to get sandwiches done by then. As my other sisters were getting everything ready I was taking various group photos. Here is a sample of them.
Here’s Momma with all her girls. Mallory was watching the display in the camera to make sure we were all looking. She kept saying, “Ya’ll never stop talking, laughing or moving.” We took about fifteen or more takes and only a few have us all looking, eyes opened, mouth shut! It was fun.
Then we added Daddy to the mix. The very first take, Mallory said “Leelee, you’re cut out.” I opened my mouth to say something and then she said, “Oh, no. Just kidding.” Needless to say that was not a good shot. Again, we were all laughing, talking and moving, but we did get a few good shots.![]()
It’s been a while since Mother and Daddy have had their picture taken so I asked them to stay so I could take a couple of shots.
Then it was my sister De’s turn. In case you are wondering who the tall guy is, it’s not her husband or son, but instead my niece Kamille’s boyfriend.
Lavonna and Mallory were by themselves, but I think this is a cute photo.
Next up, Janine and her two children. Tzippi was in rare form and couldn’t stop being “cheesy.” I still like it anyway. Some days are like that.
I’m not sure why Darla and her daughter and granddaughters didn’t get their photo taken, maybe they were already too busy getting ready for lunch or Sara’s impromptu birthday party.
Sara would be turning five later on in the month so we had a little family party for her while we were all together.
Then we gave Mother her Mother’s Day gift. We had all gone in on a Pandora bracelet. It was fun. We all picked out a charm to buy. I think she liked it. She seemed pleased. As usual, I’m behind the camera.
Then it was time to dash off for Kamille’s recital.
It’s usually excruciating listening to all the beginners. Kamille is always last and the star of the show. This year it wasn’t too bad. There were only about ten students and they all played really well. I told Kamille she is about to lose her reign as star.
Kamille will probably hate this photo, but I love it. I love the smirk on her face as if to say, “I did it!”
- After the recital, we went back to De’s house. Darla, Laurie and the kids only stayed for a short time and then headed off to Lubbock. Lavonna had already left for Amarillo and now it was time to get busy on the photo business. I texted Amanda to come over to help me pick out the photos she wanted on her CD. She got there about 4:00. We went through and finished about 5:00. I told Amanda to go on back to her mom’s and I would drop the CD off on my way out of town thinking it would only be about another hour. Think again! I then started through Colton’s file to make his CD list. Once I got them both ready to burn to a CD I put in a blank disc only to get an error message. I took that one out, and tried another disc. No deal, still and error message! I tried a third time without any luck. Why is it when you are in a hurry nothing goes right? My sister said,”I have these CD-RW discs you could try.” I had to use those kind for one of my photography classes and I knew they were temperamental, but I really didn’t have another option. I put one it and got the message “Need to format.” I told the computer ok and sat back to wait. It took almost thirty minutes for that crazy thing to format. Once I tried to drag a file to it . . . you won’t believe it, but I got a message that said the file was too large for the disc! I was really frustrated by this time. We finally did find a disc that would work and I got them both burned rather quickly. Then we started loading the car to head back to Amarillo. We stopped by Amanda’s to drop off her disc and then on to Mom’s to tell her and Daddy goodbye. We were just pulling out of their driveway when mom came running out saying, “De called and you left your cell phone at her house.” I told her to tell De we were on our way back over. Once we pulled up, Tzippi said ,”I have to go to the bathroom.” Oh, boy! Were we ever going to leave town? Once we all got loaded up and headed out of town it was about 8:00 PM. It wasn’t great, but unavoidable. So off we went. We had driven about ten miles when I asked Janine if she had remembered to get her hearing aid remote off Mother’s kitchen table. She started thinking back and said not too convincingly, “I think so.” I asked her what bag it would be in, that I would pull over so we could check. Then she said, “Why don’t we call Mimi and have her check the table?” Good plan. I pushed the speed dial for mom and handed her the phone. Janine explained to mom what she was looking for and then I heard Janine say, “Oh, no!” I said, “Tell her we will turn around and head back.” So I pulled off the road and turned around to head back to Littlefield. Mom was waiting on the sidewalk for us. We pulled up and got the remote and then were pulling out when my cell phone rang. It was De. She said, “You forgot your plant the kids gave you.” I said, “We will be right over. We had to come back to Littlefield anyway.” She couldn’t believe it. I told her to be out by the street for a quick pick up. We drove by and got the plant and were finally on our way to Amarillo. The time was 8:40. It takes almost two hours to drive so we were going to be getting in really late and it was a school night and work night for everyone but me. I dropped Mallory off first and it was 10:30. Then on to Avi and Janine’s. Avi was already asleep so Janine and I had to figure out how to get her sleeping kids in the house as Azariah is too big for either of us to carry. I told her I would get their clothes suitcase and bring all the other stuff home the next day. I pulled into the garage at 11:00 PM. Not that late for me, but I still had to do some printing of labels, nametags, and reservations list for my ladies luncheon the next morning. I finally crawled into bed at 12:30. It was a long but memorable day, and then I woke up with a migraine on Monday, but that’s a whole other story. And how was your Mother’s Day?
2 comments:
We did have a great time on Mother's Day, and yes! I love the bracelet you girls gave me! All the cards I got were so sweet, too! I think that was me in the pictures, but it looked more like Jewel! Hmmm....
Love the photos! I have been missing your blog.
Post a Comment