Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Past Week

Last week the boys were here in Amarillo for Spring Break. The visit went very well and tempers and attitudes were in check. The day before we were to take them to Oklahoma, I told them I wanted to take some photos of them. The last time I tried to take some pictures of them in October, they were still too angry over the divorce situation and would not cooperate. This time they were both cooperative.


Blake is changing into a tall young man. He towers over me (not that most of you don't).  I would say he is at least 5'6" or taller. He is still very quiet, reserved and introverted. He was very loving towards Hester this time.



Both of the boys, typical brothers, loving each other one minute, fighting the next.


Ethan has grown too, but is just barely taller than me. He seems a little less angry and even hinted he might like to come back to Texas to live, but we will have to see how that plays out.


After we delivered the boys to their grandmother, Hester, Shailee and I spent the day in Oklahoma City. We had a good day. We first had a great breakfast at Panera Bread. Next we went to the mall. Shailee made her bunny "Pinkie" at the Build a Bear Factory. She really had a great time. 





Next we made the big mistake of going to Pottery Barn Kids. Take it from me NEVER enter that store.They have the cutest, most adorable things, but you need to be a millionaire to purchase them. Shailee immediately fell in love with this child-size dressing table with a real princess phone. I loved the phone too and considered buying it until I saw the price tag of $60. I did buy a game and some mini-books. We had a lot of fun day dreaming though.We also had fun in the Apple store playing with the iPad 2. We all decided we "needed" one. Again, price was the obstacle.


Then last night Lavonna called me and asked me if I could take a night photo of the house Brice is building. One of the TV stations is working on a commercial and he wanted to show the special lighting. I loved the way the photo turned out. I think my practice is paying off. I was lucky enough to have timed it just right to catch the "blue hour." The sky to the naked eye does not look like it does in the picture. It happens just after sunset and just before sunrise. The house is really cool too. If you know anyone that has an RV, then this is the home for them.


Then today Janine sent me a text asking if she and Tzipi could come down for a visit. I told them to come on over. We were working on trying to download an audible book to Janine's phone. We finally decided to take a break and go for some refreshment. We intended to try out the new gourmet cupcake shop, but they were sold out. So what's a girl to do, Frazzleberries of course. Frazzleberries is a new yogurt shop and it's all the rage of Amarillo right now. We decided it was worth all the hoopla. Tzipi thought it was wonderful and kept saying "This is the best place ever!" Here she is digging into her bowl of goodies.


It was very crowded in the shop and there was no place to sit so we adjourned to my car. Tzipi didn't mind. Eating frozen yogurt and watching a video . . . . . it doesn't get better than that, at least to a five year old.

We had a great visit and eventually did get the book downloaded to Janine's phone, so all's well that ends well.

No comments:

Post a Comment