Yesterday I posted about the food demonstration at the luncheon I attended. Earlier at one of the planning meetings the chairwoman said, "Since the theme of our luncheon is 'A Gift For You' I think it would be nice if we had a small gift at the place settings for each guest. I'll see if I can get a business to donate 100+ items." I spoke up and said, "Why don't you just ask some of the planning team to host a table and be responsible for the 10 gifts for that table. Keep it small and inexpensive and that way it won't be a burden to anyone." She thought that was a great idea and sent around a sign-up sheet. Since it was my idea I thought I'd better sign up to be a hostess. I really had forgotten all about it until she sent out a reminder email. I had some pressing matters for Saturday but planned on figuring out what I was going to do for my table on Sunday. As I was out and about on Saturday I saw some large wall size picture frames that had vinyl phrases on the inside of the glass. "I thought 'I can do that.'" So I decided I would get small table sized frames at the Dollar Tree and use my Cricut to just do individual words. At first I was going to do Christmas words, after all it was a Christmas luncheon. Then I decided I would do some Christmas and some regular words in case the recipient wanted to leave the frame out for longer than the Christmas Season. And besides, it was a little harder to think of ten different Christmas words. The hardest part was getting my mind to twist around setting the Cricut to reverse and flip, or mirror image the words so they would be correct once I put them on the inside of the frame glass. After I got that figured out the rest was easy. It looked a little plain with just the white paper from the frame for the background. So I just cut some of the scrap book paper I had on hand to put in the frame. Voile! My table favors were complete. I thought they turned out really cute and everyone that sat at my table seemed pleased. Three ladies even moved from a table to my table because they wanted the favor. So for the cost of less than $3.00 per gift I thought it was a great idea. I hope I don't break my arm patting myself on the back. Comment on which one you like. I'll pick a winner to make one for you and send it to you. You may get it in time for Christmas.



5 comments:
Hi! I love my Joy! It was a great idea! Kendra would love one of those machines! Later! When she has a house! I might like it too! I'd love to come and take a lesson! In all our spare time! Huh???Thanks again! Love ya! Merry Christmas! Cheryl
It's really easy,but it takes up a lot of space and when you have to get out the paper, the cartridges, the mats, the tools etc. It makes a big mess. I try to do all my projects at one time so I don't have to keep making messes and cleaning them up. I'm glad you liked yours.
How clever you and that machine are!!!! It seems as if it was a brilliant idea. I can see why the ladies would want to be at your table. I would have wanted to be there as well. I is amazing what you can do with vinyl letters or words.
You did it again
YOU DID IT AGAIN
You did it again! That was brilliant. I am trying to decide which side of the family you got all that talent from. We are both very proud of you, and hope you got a little from both of us. I liked all of the gifts you made for your table. Love, Mom
Very nice. My sister-n-law bought white platters and used red vinyl lettering of Christmas words and put them up on her plate rack. They were cute and easy to change.
Joy is my favorite as I always think of Christmas as joyful, a time for new beginnings in reliving Christ's birth.
Post a Comment