Here are the photos of the food.
The first one was called "Steak and Potato Shooters." It simply is packaged potato soup, blended and thinned just a bit. Then to distribute it she put the soup in a ketsup type squeeze bottle to make it less messy and easy to fill the shooter glasses. She also suggested to bring a pan of water to boiling, then reduce the heat to very low and place the squeeze bottle in the water to keep it hot without constantly having to reheat your soup. You could also keep them heating in a crock pot turned down to low. The steak kabob on the top of the glass is prepackaged from Sam's Club. I loved this idea.
Food number 2: Brownie bites from Sam's, dusted with powder sugar. Then a dollop of Cool Whip (add a little vanilla or almond extract for a little punch) topped with fresh fruit. I loved the jelly beans for the staging. How colorful and clever. She said this would be great for a kids party.
\
Food number 3: Just some mixed vegetables tossed with a vinaigrette. Again the presentation on the black beans was creative. She said she just spritzed the beans with vegetable oil, stirred to coat the beans, to give them a little sheen. The presentation bowls were purchased for a nominal fee at a local Asian market.
Food number 4: More of the steak bites from Sam's with a pre-cooked shrimp. Check out the miniature bamboo forks.
Another view of the shrimp.
Food number 8: Prepared pound cake, cut with a biscuit cutter, layered with flavored Cool Whip and topped with fresh fruit.
Food number 9: Ramen Noodles believe it or not. She prepared them according to the instructions using only one season packet. The sauteed some vegetables, added some peanut butter. Tossed in the noodles until everything was coated. Served in mini-takeout containers. She got the containers at the Asian market.
At the end of the presentation I said "I'm ready to have a party!" Best of all, easy to do! I'm ready to go shopping at the Asian market, anyone want to go with me? She actually gave us the recipe for the Shrimp Martini, Spicy Ramen Noodles and the Baked Potato Steak Shooters. If you wantany or all comment and leave me your email address if you are a new reader and I'll send them to you.
It was an awesome luncheon.











3 comments:
That food looks incrediable!!!
Yummy! I hope you invite me to your party! Love, Mom
I have a lot of tiny little dishes, but use them for serving condiments, etc. I plan to get enough to actually do something with that is cute. I love your pictures, and am so glad you texted Kevin to bring the camera (which I can't believe you didn't have with you in the first place).
After seeing your pictures Laurie and I went out to World Market yesterday and bought some tiny little glasses we will be using to serve smooties at our next ladies thing in January. We had already planned to use the retro glass plates and punch cups. We are planning to make three different flavors of smooties and layer them in the tiny cups. I am hoping to find some great looking straws, but we will see if that happens. we may just have to settle for plain ones, which you know I hate to do.
I may try to do the tiny bowls with fruit pieces instread of a big bowl of fruit salad. It looks so good in your picture.
I'm really excited about the refreshments now that I have a theme: tiny! A few years ago I had read in a magazine that people were making little tiny pudding bites rather than serving a regular size bowl. Just a sweet taste after a meal. I thought that was a great idea. And this takes it to a new level of being just a taste! I love it.
I can't wait to save up some more money. I want those tiny martini glasses too. But those things aren't cheap!
The little glasses I got yesterday turned out to be pretty reasonable because Laurie had 2 coupons for $10 off if you bought $30 of merchandise. So we split up the glasses into two baskets and each paid for one. I used the last $5 from the gift card you gave me too. It was so much fun looking at all those things.
It's killing me that I have to wait until after our trip to start playing around with my new dishes. Am I a kid at heart or what!?!
Post a Comment