Monday, December 6, 2010

Another Busy Busy Weekend

This past weekend was extremely busy. We had two birthday celebrations, a sleep-over, guests for the weekend and a trip to Plainview to take my niece home (or at least to meet my sister to take her the rest of the way home.)

My mom, dad, sister D*rla, niece La*rie, her two girls, So*hia and S*ra all came up on Friday night. We thought some might be staying with us, but didn't, at least not Friday night. Then starting Saturday morning D*rla had asked me if I'd come take photos of her grandchildren. Every year she buys them new pajamas for Hanukkah. We were sad that Bl*ke and Eth*n weren't here for the tradition, but carried on. As I was editing the photos I noticed Bl*ke and Eth*n were in a photo in the background, so in a sense they were with us, always in spirit.


Bubbie started out by reading them a story. They were so cute and engaged.


 The girls all got toe socks and Z*e got some slippers.


 They were so cute echoing the words to the story.


Then we decided to move to the bedroom. They were thrilled I told them they could jump
on the bed. It was fun for a while. This isn't a great shot, but I loved Tz*pi in this photo.
It just makes me smile.

 One of our last photos, see Bl*ke and Eth*n in the background. We all miss them so much,
 it's just not the same without them.



I had a couple of hours until time for the first party, but had to go pick up the balloons in my van. In between stops I had to make a couple of runs for BeautiControl. I still hadn't wrapped my presents and J*nine called me and asked me to pick up some ice. I ran home wrapped the presents and was just about on my way when H*ster called me to see if I could come pick up the cake. I told her "No way. I didn't have time." Somehow the cake made it to the party. Here are the photos from Tz*pi's party.


First a lively game of "put the sunglasses on Barbie." Tz*pi did the best.

Goodie bags waiting for time to go home.


T*ipi with her Barbie cake N*n made for her.

Tz*pi scored with a Rapunzel Barbie.

A Barbie house, that took M*llory and Li*zie an hour to put together. We told them it
was good practice for when they have girls of their own. 


Tz*pi enjoying her new Barbie house.

Bubbie made her a personal Hanukkah set.

 Homemade cookies, latkes, and jelly filled donuts.


Lots more gifts to open.


Time for the pinata. Whoever thought of these pull-strings pinatas were brilliant.
Probably some dad that was tired of getting whacked with a bat.

We had a couple of hours between Tz*pi and A*ili's party so most of them went back to our house to watch a football game. D*rla and L*nce had brought their schnauzer H*ley and H*ns just thought she was awesome. He had to strut his stuff and "mark" his territory if you know what I mean. That's the reason I always preferred female dogs. Also I had to make another BeautiC*ntrol run. Then back home to start getting ready for Ak*li's party. In all the ruckus I had forgotten to wrap her present. I had offered to take Z*e and Tz*pi and give J*nine a break as I figured she was exhausted from preparing for the Barbie party. She gladly accepted.

Ak*li's party was a rodeo themed party. Ak*li loves horses, not the cute fictional ones, like My Little Pony, but the authentic ones. Here are the photos from her party.


Some friends of Grandma brought the cutest miniature horse ever. She was so sweet.
Unfortunately Ak*li thought she was hers to keep.


Since it was too cold to party outside, the garage was set up for the rodeo.
There was horseshoe throwing.


Ak*li checking out her cake table. The horse is NOT the cake.


Sha*lee and Sar*h (Ak*li's friend from school) panning for gold.


SB showing off the horse she made at the art center.



Z*e trying his skill at the roping arena. 


 A cowboy and cowgirl cut-out for a photo booth.

Plenty of good eats at the chuck wagon. See those things on sticks in the back. They kind of look like cactus balls. They were actually smore's on a stick. You dip a marshmallow in chocolate then roll in graham cracker crumbs. They were delicious.



 More goodie bags.


Time to open the presents.

What do you need to complete a rodeo party???? Why a cowboy boot pinata of course.

And to complete the sugar overload . . . cotton candy.

All in all, it was a marvelous day, but exhausting. As soon as I got home I made an apple-tini to relax with. L*urie and P*te came over to spend the night and we had a lot of fun sitting around visiting. It was a great weekend, but I'm glad it's over. We don't have another birthday until the end of January. Thank goodness. What did you do this weekend?
blue leelee

3 comments:

Janine Deckard said...

Wow, I missed a huge party. A real horse?! I'm fascinated by all the work that went into that party. It looks like the kids had a blast.

Thanks for the beautiful pictures and all the help with Tzipi's party. She had a great time. Avi said she spent all morning playing with her Barbies. I'm glad she finally found something she loves to do. She wasn't a baby doll kinda girl. She never wanted to play mommy. Barbie fits her perfectly.

Love you! Janine

Anonymous said...

We came to Zippi's party, but had to leave after that because we had a dinner at church at 6:00. We made it in plenty of time, but got up the next morning for Bible Study and worship service, Nursing Home service in the afternoon, and back to church at 6:00. We stayed at Lavonna's Friday night and enjoyed it so much. It was good to see everyone, but for such a short time. The pictures of the party are fantastic! Yes, I miss Blake and Ethan, too. Love, Mimi

Tina said...

Cute pictures! You gals should go into the party business. I love the first picture of everyone on the couch matching. For what it's worth I miss Blake and Ethan too. Ethan has been on my mind quite a bit...since Auburn is on the play-offs. I am sure he would be giving me a hard time about it if he could. If he was here I would have to insist we have a big party the night of the game.

Post a Comment