Saturday, November 27, 2010

Surviving Thanksgiving

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We ended up getting together at L*vonna's house, at least all of us that live in Amarillo, the other half of the family gathered at my other sister's D*'s house. We had enough food to feed an army. I am never worried about having enough food. I know by now, we've got that covered. After we were finished eating, everyone commented "that you couldn't even tell we ate anything!" Now that's a lot of food. We were a little cramped and several of us commented on the fact we missed Lavonna's big house in the country. Nevertheless, we were thankful to all be together and counted our blessings. I didn't take a lot of photos, but here are the ones I did manage to snap.



Poor Chr*s and C*urtney had to sit at the "children's table." I told them they were the youngest adults there. They said they didn't care though and wanted to sit with Brys*n and M*llory. I think this was their fourth Thanksgiving meal for the day and they weren't eating much anyway.


 Notice the TV on in the background, Br*ce never did even come to the table, you can see his plate right under Sha*lee's chin. He was sitting on the couch.  Didn't matter, the Cowboys still lost.

Sh*ilee posing for the camera. All the others were too busy chowing down. It was D*niel and H*ster's second Thanksgiving meal for the day, so they weren't that hungry either.




As for me, K*vin, Av*, J*nine,  Az*riah and Tzi*porah, we were starving as it was our first meal for the day and it was about 6:30 when we got everything ready. It was worth the wait. Everything was delicious.



K*vin filling his plate. Our menu consisted of turkey and dressing, green chili hominy, broccoli casserole, macaroni and cheese, fruit salad, green salad, sweet potatoes, deviled eggs, fresh cranberry relish, bread, (me and the kids made home made butter) pumpkin roll, French silk pie, pumpkin custards, and maple-walnut pie. Makes me full listing it all off again.

Here's the dessert spread. Everything was so yummy. The only thing I brought home for later were a couple of custards, some turkey, dressing gravy and cranberry relish. We are going to have that today.

That's my place at the table, between K*vin and H*ster. You see how they were waiting on me. NOT!

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I'm going to try to keep the thankful spirit going and not get too caught up in the Christmas rush. I have a lot to be thankful for. How about you?

blue leelee

2 comments:

Darla said...

Always more to be thankful for than I can even focus on. We had a great time at De's house. I was very thankful that we could all be there together. Of course, it would have been nice to have been all together as a family, but we have grown into a very large group, these days! I was thinking about that early Thursday morning while I was cooking. I was thinking that I am very thankful that our family is so blessed to have so many things to keep us busy - jobs, family events with the "other" side of the family, school and other activities - that we could not all get together as one group this year. I'm not thankful that we couldn't be together, but I am so thankful that we all have our health, our jobs, and live full and wonderful lives. Getting together for one meal is just not possible sometimes, or so it seems. The good parts of all of our lives is a true blessing - even if we can't be together at one place. I am always amazed when I think of our family. G-d has been - and continues to - bless each and every one of us in more ways than we can even name or count.

linnie said...

Looks like you had a scrumptious meal, as did we. The pictures were good. Darla made a few pictures of us with pilgrim hats and Indian feathers. That ought to be good! We watched a movie while the guys watched football, and then we played a game. It was a great Thanksgiving! Love, Mom

Post a Comment