Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Hoarding

I was actually going to do a sweet post with photos of Tzipi and Hans that I took yesterday, but while trying to reset my camera I accidentally erased the whole disc! Oh well, just another excuse to see my sweet Tzipi.


*
So since that post was not an option I decided I would post out my cleaning out today. Of course I waited until the hottest day so far this summer, but maybe the sweating will shed a couple of pounds. I can always hope. It all started because the exterminator was coming today. Lately I have been either too busy or too lazy to put some stuff away and have just been stuffing it in my BeautiControl store room. It had gotten so bad you couldn't even walk in there. I thought, "there is no way the bug guy can get in there to spray." The same goes for my closet too. I have also recently been watching the t.v. shows about hoarding. That always motivates me to get moving. I told Kevin I think we are boarder line hoarders. If we didn't have a storage unit, some stuff stored at Nunn, an attic, and three storage rooms here at the house our house would look like the hoarders we see on t.v. I don't want to be a hoarder, I just like my stuff. I try to go through it, but something always makes me keep it. I think they call that emotional
* attachment. I was better today. I threw away at least two 20 gallon size trash cans full of stuff, a large trash bag, a smaller trash bag and also filled four boxes of things to donate. You know what the sad part is?????? You can't even tell I threw out ANYTHING!!!! That is disheartening and disgusting. It has motivated me to keep going though more stuff. Who knows, tomorrow I may tackle the file cabinet or kitchen cabinet.


* Thankfully neither of these photos are from areas in my home. They are just photos I got off the Internet for the post. I thought everyone would know that since most of you have been in my home numerous time, but I have actually been accused of having a secret room just for hoarding.*

blue leelee

3 comments:

Darla said...

Does hoarding run in families? I have it so bad. I try not to be one, but no matter what happens, before I know it, here I go again. Oy vey!
When I watch those shows I cry. And I immediately get up and start sorting things. Good luck with your cleaning. If you have extra stuff, I'll come pick it up so you won't have to put it in the trash. Not really.

Anonymous said...

Maybe you need an Oprah intervention. Sue

Anonymous said...

You learned it from your dad and me! We were so poor when we grew up we learned to save everything! Love, Mom

Post a Comment