Saturday, December 26, 2009

I'm In Heaven

Today, Kevin and I decided we were going to take it easy since it has been a very hectic week. Therefore, I am still in my p.j.'s and robe. Kevin just now came in to the dining room, where I've been working on my computer, playing with my camera and new Cricut Expression, and said, "I'm eating. Do you want anything?" I told him "no" as I have been snacking off and on all morning. Then he said, "I'm going to have a Dr. Pepper. Do you want one?" I have to digress for a moment here . . . anyone that knows me well knows I LOVE SUGAR CANE DR.PEPPER! That is really the only soft drink I ever drink. The really bad news is you can only buy them within about 100 mile radius of the Dr. Pepper plant that produces them in Dublin, Texas. My friend that I walk with on Tuesday and Thursday gave me two six-packs of my most favorite, the small, glass 8 oz. bottles, for Christmas. So now back to today. . . Kevin had just asked me if I wanted a Dr. Pepper, to which I replied, "Yes." He just brought it to me and after the first swig, I exclaimed "Oh, man!" You see, there were ice crystals in the Dr. Pepper, just like I used to drink at Grandpa's Filling Station! Oh, what memories! (For you young people, a Filling Station is a full service gas station where an attendant would come to the car, pump your gas, check your tires, check your oil and clean your windows, all the while your car was being filled with gas. Then the attendant would go in the station and ring up your bill and bring it out to your car for you to sign. You never even had to exit your car. Filling Stations are definitely a good thing of the past.) But back to the Dr. Pepper story. I slowly, deliberately, sipped that refreshing drink to the very last drop. Thanks, Janice for the great Christmas gift.

2 comments:

Tina said...

Ummmm...you ar right those are the best. Now you have made me thirsty!! I have two left from your last trip to Dublin! My brother went to thr frig at Thanksgiving bringing one back to the table...and I was like "oh nooooo"...you just wanted a DP right?" And he said "yes"...I said "nothing special right"...and he said "no"...but then I felt bad and let hom have one...he loved it! This is sort of like Voss water...did you know that Market Street is now carrying Voss!!

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way about Delaware Punch, which isn't available in stores anymore. It is non-carbonated and doesn't have caffeine in it. I still have one in the pantry from the last time you gave me some. Don't know why I'm saving it. I'll have it some day when I want to celebrate something special. Love, Mom

Post a Comment