Monday, November 23, 2009

What Did I Put In My Tea?

Last week when we had to go to Oklahoma for a few days, Hester and her two boys stayed at the house to take care of our pets. After we got back Hester told me a funny story about Ethan that happened while we were gone. They were getting ready to eat dinner one night and Ethan wanted sweet tea. As he was sitting down at the table she heard him mumble to himself, “I sure hope I don’t get sick as I have no idea what I just put in my tea, but I’m sure it wasn’t sugar.” Hester told him he would be just fine as it was some kind of organic sugar. I died laughing when she told me. And the funny part is that even though he had no idea what it was he went ahead and stirred it in his tea. I’m not sure if that is too trusting or not. Anyway, I thought that would make a great post so here are some photos to help illustrate just what was stirred into the iced tea.

2009_11_23_5865

Can you guess what it is? Would you have used it?

I actually learned about it several years ago when I heard Sheri Rose Shepherd speak at a conference I was attending. She had been very over-weight at one time in her life and had really come to grips with emotional eating. She said if you have to use sugar, don’t use white sugar but use Sucanat. 2009_11_23_5861

It looks kind of strange, but is made from cane sugar but is not processed to remove the molasses like white sugar. Therefore the color is much darker than regular sugar. I use it most of the time, but if I run out, I fill the sugar bowl with “bad for you” white sugar.

You can find Sucanat at your local health food 2009_11_23_5859 store, and now they even carry it at United. Try some today. I promise you won’t get sick.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is funny. It reminded me of the time when I was at Mesquite helping Darla when they moved. Avi was about two years old. He brushed his teeth and rinsed his mouth out with a solution of cleaning liquid of some kind which was in a glass. It was not like acid or anything and was not dangerous. I think he also drank some of it. We were aghast when we realized what had happened, but he never even got sick. Love, Mom

Post a Comment