Thursday, October 8, 2009

Just Life

Wow! What a few two weeks it has been. Right after we got home Hester was admitted to the hospital and was in for five days. She was dismissed and should not have been as her I.V. line was infected and they sent her home anyway. By Monday her whole arm was inflamed, swollen and she couldn't move it. I drove her to her doctor's office and his eyes about popped out of his head when he saw her arm. He said, " You never should have been dismissed with your arm looking like this. You have a blood clot and an infection and need to go immediately back to the hospital." We could tell by his reaction that it was very serious, but when we got to the hospital everyone was acting like we were the over-reacting idiots and had dreamed up the whole thing. I was not impressed with BSA this go round. After all the whole incident was their fault, but we'll wait and see if they admit to that. Anyway Hester was in the hospital for four more days and finally got out late yesterday. Her and the boys are still staying with us as she is still really weak and doesn't have good mobility in her arm yet. To make matters worse they did a biopsy on a mole on her foot so now she is limited in that leg as well. We have decided you definitely need all your appendages to function. Hopefully, they will be able to go back to their apartment by Sunday. We are all starting to wear on each other's nerves, but we are making it through one day at a time. The boys do enjoy having cable to watch though. I know they will be glad to be back to their own room and not sleeping in the living room on the sofa bed. In spite of everything we usually go to bed with a smile and get off in the morning on a good note. Finally things are slowly returning to a normal pace. Kevin and I have less and less "ocean-motion." I've only felt it a couple of times today. We have been off the ship for eleven days. I don't know how sailors do it, but I guess you eventually adjust. Well tomorrow if Friday Family Photo, I hope I remember to post something. Thanks for checking in and I'll try to get back to regular posts once life has settled back into our normal routine.



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment