This one is actually a photo of the Statute of Liberty from the plane. You might have to enlarge it to really see her. She is in the top right corner.
More city scape.
Next we noticed the Brooklyn Bridge.
A little while later we decided we would go ahead and go into Manhattan so we wouldn't be late for the play, since we had no idea how long it would take to drive over. We actually drove over the Brooklyn Bridge. I was a typical tourist snapping pictures like crazy.
The driver pointed out the Empire State Building and the Sears Tower.
Our driver dropped us off at the theatre. Kevin standing in front of the marquee. We actually had time to grab a bite to eat. Believe it or not we had Mexican food and it was really good. They were celebrating Mexico Independence Day so the atmosphere was quite festive.
We then walked over to the theatre and went in. We had really good seats and what was even more amazing is they had closed caption machines you could check out, so Kevin got to really enjoy the production too. It was so awesome and now I can't wait to come back to see another Broadway Play. It was nothing like I had ever seen and the costumes and sets were fabulous. I loved the story behind Wicked and we even bought the book. We asked a lady if she would take our picture in front of the big time pieces.
Then before we called our driver to come pick us up, we decided we would walk down Broadway to Times Square. It was just like you see on t.v. and the movies. It was about 11:00 p.m. and there were still thousands of people milling around. We saw Central Park and the World Trade Center site, but the pictures were blurry as I took them from the moving car. I have definitely decided we have to come back. Who's coming with us???
So tomorrow, it's off to the ship and on to Rhode Island, at least I think that's our first port. I'm so tired I can't even think straight. I said something about the Eiffle Tower while a go, I meant the Empire State Building, but that's what happens when you're sleep deprived. Please leave me a comment. I wish you were here.
8 comments:
You are so awesome to take the time to blog during your vacation. You look very happy and like you are having so much fun. Our time in New York was short, but boy did we pack it full of fun. I'll never forget our time there. I even had Zee with us. He was such a good boy. Such a traveller. He could go anywhere and no one knew there was a small child on the plane, bus, etc. I hope you get lots of rest too. Thank you so much for sharing. You're the best!
Great pictures!!! I especially love the pic of Kevin & you both. I would love to go to New York...someday we can go together.
Great pictures! I'm so glad you are having a wonderful time on your trip. I will be checking your blog each day to see more. Love, Mom
You two deserve this wonderful dream come true vacation more than anyone I know. I love you both very much! Have fun, and thanks for sharing...
WOW WOW WOW, I am so jealous. Hopefully one day we can go. I am glad you guys are getting to have this time. Enjoy every minute even your tiny room. I miss you guys already. Have fun....love you both.
Hester
Looks like fun. I have always wanted to go to New York. Maybe someday. Have fun and be safe. Love, De
Linda I hope you get notified of this comment. I couldn't get the comments to come up until I got to this old post. I am loving the story and pictures of your holiday. I am so glad that you and Kevin are having this rest time. The Lord is really blessing you. You photos are wonderful.
I need to update my blog but I have such a problem getting the pictures placed that I wouldn't want to do as many as you have managed. Do you do all the words fist and then insert pics. Or do you place the pics as you go? Ask the expert, I always say.
Love
Jennifer
Linda and Kevin, Hi! You two look like Honeymooners! Glad you are having such a great trip! Thanks for sharing it with us! I love that you said you had to sigh for Kevin so you could stay together! Can he even sign anything?? LOL Yes a girl trip to NYC sounds great! We can even take Kevin for protection! See ya soon! Can't wait to see all your picts!! Cheryl
Post a Comment