Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Medicine Update

Well, my cardiologist's office finally called today and said, "Yes, the Lisinopril could definitely be causing the cough." I told the nurse what all I had tried asthma wise to deal with the cough, two steroid shots, another inhaler - Advair, a new prescription for Singulair, a nebulizer with two medications - Xopenex and Pulmicort. She asked me if it had helped and I said, "Not one bit!" She then said, "It is definitely the Lisinopril. Dr. Freisen wants to change you to Benicar and see how that works for you." She asked me if I would like to try samples first to see how it works before spending more money on more prescriptions that do not work. I said, "Yes, that would be good." I'm a little irritated that I have spent all that money on asthma medicine and did not really need it so I am glad to try samples first. After I got back from going out to the doctor's office to pick up the new meds, I was talking to Kevin and he said we should check out the side effects of Benicar BEFORE I take it. There was not that much on it and most were good, BUT there is always a chance of them all causing breathing difficulties and asthma. We then did a check on Zestril since that is one of the medicines he takes and you won't believe this, Zestril and Lisinopril are one in the same! Zestril is the name brand and Lisinipril is the generic. We both said, "Remember when you (I) tried the generic of Zestril and couldn't take it?" I guess I can't take it either. Hopefully this one will work and I will be back on track for losing some more weight and getting some restful sleep at night. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment