Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Dilated Pupils
Not much really going on this week, but so glad the sun came back out today. Not that we didn't need the rain but it has been oh so dreary. Saturday afternoon while I was playing ball with the dogs in the backyard, somehow very unexpectedly and quickly the ball popped up and hit me hard in the right eye. Thank goodness I was looking down and it hit me more on the top of my eye instead of directly in the center. Needless to say that was the end of the ball playing. It was sore for the rest of that night but no broken blood vessels or black eye. But I kept seeing "floaties" and black spot and "lightening flashes." The flashes were gone by Monday morning, but not the black spot and the floaties. At first when I noticed the black spot, I actually thought a spider was crawling on my chair. That's what got my attention, but then I noticed it kept moving when I moved my eye and figured out it was a spot. That lasted through Tuesday. But the main problem has been the floaties and the blurred vision. It feels like a wrinkle or sleep is in my eye. I thought about calling the eye doctor yesterday but thought I'd give it one more day to clear up. Well, guess what, it didn't clear up so today I decided I better go see the eye doctor. I called and they got me right in, I found out later that they usually do for an eye injury. Nice to know. Anyway, they did some kind of super dilation so the doctor could really check me out, especially since I just had lasik surgery a year ago. He checked my retina, cornea, corneal flap, and optic nerve and every thing was a-okay. Thank God. He just said it was trauma and should clear up in a week or so. He explained that there was a gel layer and liquid in the eyeball and they had been shook up and were trying to settle back into their right places. He said to come back if I was still having trouble, but he fully expected me to heal without any treatment. So for the rest of the day I was out of commission as I couldn't see a thing. I sat in the dark in the den with my sunglasses on for several hours. Finally after about three hours I could stand a little light with my sunglasses on. My pupils are almost back to normal hence I am able to type my blog. Just another exciting day in my new life as a retiree. Oh, boy!
1 comment:
How's your eyes doing today?? I am a Snapdragon!! Love you...miss you!
Post a Comment