Yesterday we had a beautiful day in Glacier Bay. The glaciers were amazing and very beautiful. They range in color from white to blue to black. We saw several calvings, that is what it is called when chunks or parts or even faces of the glacier break off. The ranger said we were lucky to see so much activity, that he had watched the glacier for hours and never saw a thing, but we were there for about an hour and saw many calvings. We also saw some eagles flying around and otters swimming about.
They are always to far from the ship to take pictures, you would need a huge lense. Today we are going ashore to Haines.
Our first excursion will be to tour the town in a classic auto. I hope we get a Rolls Royce. After we get back from that we will have a little time to shop and then we go to the Eagle Preserve to float down the river. They assured us there is no white water, hopefully they are telling the truth. The food is amazing. It is like eating in a five star resturant every night. I take the stairs as much as my knees allow so I will still be able to get in my clothes. I am still trying to post pictures, but it will never let me. I have tried every way I can think of, even posting an album online. I will keep trying and hopefully you will get to see more pictures before we get home. I wish you were here with us.
Linda
Linda
1 comment:
Wow! Eat some food for me. Lloyd came in to the RadioShack this morning and I showed the pictures to him. He said, "It looks strange to see them wearing jackets." It has been very hot here. Enjoy the cool air. Have fun! Love, De
Post a Comment